Use these easy flowers to decorate gifts. Each flower requires only one plastic grocery bag.
1. Cut the handles and bottom off bag
2. Push pleats out and flatten out tube
3. Cut side seams
4. Fold both layers of plastic in half
5. Cut along fold
6. Fold four layers of plastic in half lengthwise
7. Cut along fold
8. Fan-fold eight layers of plastic
9. Trim both ends of folded plastic
10. Bend a short length of floral wire over center of folded plastic and twist to secure
11. Expand “fan” on either side
12. Peel each layer of plastic toward center, alternating from one side to the other
13. Continue peeling layers until all layers are separated
14. Fluff layers as needed to complete flower
View the slideshow below for examples of finished plastic bag flowers.